Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 31: Requested the song 'All I Need is a Miracle' at a Rock and Bowl event

The DJ didn't seem very impressed at all. I understand that DJs must get pissed off by requests, but this guy was playing the same old shit. It was like he was playing music for a high school prom, or even like a church mixer for catholic adolescents. I was like 'Do you have anything by Mike and the Mechanics?' and he was like 'I think so.' and I was like 'Do you have 'All I Need is a Miracle'? and he was like 'I don't know I'd have to look' and I was like 'can I request it?' and he was like 'I'll see what I can do.' but he may as well have said no. And he never played it, he just played Nah-nah-nah-nah-hey-hey-hey-goodbye when it was time to leave.
It was an eccllentric crowd too wearning skinny jeans and retro mesh hats, I think they would have appreciated it more than that yayyeah-yayyeah song he played.

Now in his face, here it is. And its not even the Mike and Mechanics version. It's the Kids Incorporated cover, which includes rhythmic audience participation clapping.



And the real one:



It was at Hillendale Bowl in Towson and my high game was a 117 (duckpins).

No comments:

Post a Comment