Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 76: Ate a machine sandwich


It wasn't THIS good. I wish it was! This was a picture I stole from Hardees.

No silly, not a sandwich made out of metal and bolts, a sandwich out of a machine! It was a catchy title that made you read though right? And that was the trick!

The sandwich I ate was Chicken Parmesan. It was a regular Kaisser roll, a tiny bit of tomato paste, a piece of decent provolone cheese, and a breaded chicken patty of fair quality. The key is in preparing it. First you separate everything. Then you lightly toast the roll on each side in the toaster. Then you heat the chicken (WITHOUT THE CHEESE!!!) in the microwave for about 30 seconds then another 20 seconds. If you put the cheese in the microwave its going to melt away to nothing or crusty all up like when you tried to make string cheese nachos when you were a kid and left it in too long.

Just lay the cheese on the chicken breast when its heated and it will melt perfectly. Now put it all together and you've got a restaurant quality sandwich out of the machine at work for only about $2.25 (still a little high if you ask me, but I guess you pay for the convenience. Don't even get me started on the chips. 90 cents? I'll starve first...)

I stole some mayonaisse from the office fridge to add to the caloric content. Don't use the packets! Mayonaise isn't supposed to be gray...

No comments:

Post a Comment