Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 47: Became a charter member of the MLB Insiders Club


Today must be my lucky day. When I get home from work, what do I find waiting for me in the mail but an envelope adorned with colorful MLB logos.

Inside was an offer, nay, a plea for me, one of "the best baseball fans in the nation" to join "the greatest collection of baseball enthusiasts ever asembled."

Well, I must say, they picked the right guy. I get a free Stadium Blanket, customized with the logo of my favorite team (The Orioles! The Orioles!) plus a Fan Guide, a membership to MLB Insiders Club Magazine and a free All-Star game program. All for just $2 a month!!!

I also get to test new products, get special discounts on MLB licensed merchandise, and special members only previews that I can purchase at my members-only price, or return to the Club. They pay the postage!



They'd make the dues even lower if they could, but, as I can well imagine, it costs them a great deal to print their magazine and run the Club in a quality way.

If I want to cancel at anytime they'll give me a free refund, so there's really nothing to lose.

There's got to be a catch!?

No comments:

Post a Comment