Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 13: Exchanged quarters for new ones


Today I had to work all day so there was no chance to do anything good, so around 10:30 p.m. I went into the lunch room and put all the quarters in my pocket into the soda machine and hit the coin return to exchange them (it doesn't give you the same quarter back).
On the first try this is what I got:

Cow (Wisconsin) = space shuttle (Florida)
Statue of liberty (New York) = eagle
eagle = eagle
Tree (Connecticut) = eagle
Old building (Maryland) = buffalo (Kansas)

All the old eagle ones were boring (the oldest one was 1967) so I decided to try again with those. If you're wondering why I didn't get anything out of the lunch machine with the quarters it's because it's a rip off. 90 cents for a packet of crisps? Come on.

On the next attempt I got:

1967 eagle = horses galloping in the sunset (best one yet! Nevada)
1978 eagle = lady statue (Pennsylvania...boring)
1997 eagle = 1989 eagle

1989 was almost more boring than 1997, so I decided to try that one again:

1989 = a lovely sparrow (Oklahoma)

Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment