Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 82: Visited Carl's Little House


This could almost be a dining blog, cause lots of 'em are about what and where I ate junky food.

I had to park about a million miles away from Cangden Yards 'cause it was opening day and all the fairweather fans and Yankee fans were there taking all the parking. I could have parked in one garage but it was asking for $30 and I said "FUCK th*t."

The good part about the spot I found was that it was totally FREE, there were still plenty of spaces near it, and NO parking tickets. Also it was near this Carl's Little House place, which I found to be a real gem when we stopped in after the game.

There were a few alchys in there, but they seemed to be the harmless, 'let me tell you about my glory days and the good old days of Baltimore' types, not the 'let me stab you with a knife' types.

When my party walked in there a few other young gentrified Oriole fans walked in there and one of them bought a round of shots, including three for me and my two brothers. Problem was he couldn't pay up. He wanted to pay credit and they didn't accept. He started pitching a fit about how they didn't accept credit and walked around the corner to find an ATM. No one smacked a pool cue over the nape of his neck so it seemed like a pretty easygoing place. Eventually his buddy had to pay for his shots and I had to pay for our three shots.

The place had an old timey jute box (not Internet) and a pool table. (I won my game with Philip with a sick square shot.)

They also had good food for very good prices. I had a bacon cheeseburger which was a special with fries for like $5.75 or something. I also ordered Pizza Fries to share ($2.75 for a generous portion.) Speaking of To Share, Mark ToShare-Uh sucked. And some people are like: 'you shouldn't boo him, you would have taken the extra $20 million too!' Yeah, but if I took the xtra $20 million I would have realized the price was getting my ass booed off in Baltimore.

Beers were $1.75 each or something? Or maybe $2.50? I forget. They said their cheese steaks were the real winner, and we didn't even order those. I may have to go back to try one at my next O's game. All in all it was a good 'ol O's bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment